Title: Monetizing ChatGPT Applications
Length: 4 weeks
Type: Online and fully mentored with no weekly meetings
Start date: February 26, 2024
Developing a monetizable ChatGPT app is an exciting goal, and it might be your first step towards building the skills for a tech career. This course is not just about mastering prompt engineering; it’s about bridging the gap between coding and commerce. There are several critical steps beyond just technical development that you will perform:
- Develop a clear and complete idea of what you want to develop
- Understand your users and customers (They may be different people.)
- Precisely specify the functionality of your app
- Define nonfunctional requirements for your app
- Write a short business plan that distills your business model: how you will get paid and how you intend to acquire customers
- Prototype your app and user test it
- Program your initial release in web app form
Optional: “Wrap” your web app to create a “native” version for release through an app store [Note: This can be done for the Google Play Store but not the Apple App Store; Apple will currently reject apps that don’t have significant native functionality beyond accessing a web app.]
- Thoroughly test your app
- Develop a post-release feedback and maintenance process
- And finally release and market your app according to your business plan.
Remember, creating a successful, monetizable app requires a blend of user-centered design, technical prowess, market understanding, strategic planning, and continuous improvement. Your journey from a developer to an entrepreneur involves wearing multiple hats, each equally important on the path to success.
This course requires a (paid) ChatGPT Plus account to enable you to use the latest version of ChatGPT4. In addition, you must have an OpenAI API key to develop the final version of your app.